Sandras research is in the field of Human-Automation Interaction with focus on supporting operators in complex production. She presented her dissertation in 2018, title Towards increasing operator wellbeing and performance in complex assembly. With a background as an automation engineering and a bachelor in psychology her research is centered around how operators and workers experience and perceive automation solutions in the manufacturing industry and how digital tools can be designed to support them. The aim is to increase the efficiency and sustainability within production . Sandra has a special interest in assembly in the automotive industry and her vision is to make the complex simpler to understand through involvement, education, workshops or webinars.
Sandra leads the group Collaborative, flexible and value creating automation and is a coordinator for the assembly production cluster.
Sandra also works with course and method development within digitlization and has written Smart Automation - seven methods for final assembly together with Åsa Fast-Berglund.
Selected ongoing projects:
- SCARCE II - the sensible value chain. SCARCE står för Sensible Value Chain through Digitalised Planning, Material handling and Circular Economy.
- Robotlyftet (medbedömare).
- Universal design for work places- manual assembly
- edig, a knowledge platform for industrial digitalization, (editor).
- Safe work places with increased automation and robotization in manufacturing companies - current state, analysis and strategy (contact: Magnus Widfeldt).
Finished relevant projects:
- Digitalization from a female perspective.
- Virtual Machina, V-Machina, to make education for students and professionals more efficient through Virtual Reality (VR).
- DESIGNING DIGITAL SUPPORT FOR OPERATOR AND MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL COGNITION AND …
- Synthesis of Universal Workplace Design in Assembly-A Case Study
- Designing digital support for operator and maintenance personnel cognition and …
- Interoperabilitet - Rapport om arbetssätt, nycklar och utmaningar : Ett perspek…
- Digitalt stöd och kultur för universell utformning av manuella arbeten
- Using the compleXity index for improvement work: investigating utilisation in a…
- Forming a cognitive automation strategy for Operator 4.0 in complex assembly
- Planning for Nation Wide Dissemination of Robotics to SMEs
- Insufficient knowledge in industrial digitalization – Promising perspective fro…
- Creatinga structured MEETing arena for knowledge-sharing