RISE Research Institutes of Sweden is Sweden’s research and innovation partner. Through international collaborations with the business community, academia and the public sector, we work to ensure the competitiveness of Swedish commerce and industry and contribute to a sustainable society.
Our 2,700 employees drive and support innovation processes of all kinds. RISE is an independent, State-owned research institution offering unique expertise and hundreds of testbeds and demonstration facilities for future-proof technologies, products and services.
RISE creates solutions for problem solvers
RISE in brief
- RISE drives and supports innovation processes of all kinds.
- We have facilities throughout Sweden – and beyond.
- We employ 2,700 people, 30% of whom are PhDs.
- In 2017, our turnover was approximately SEK 2.7 billion.
- We manage over a hundred test beds and demonstration facilities that are open to businesses and higher education institutions.
- We are an owner of and partner in 60% of Sweden’s total test and demonstration environments.
- A large proportion of our customers are small and medium-sized companies who are responsible for approximately 30% of our revenue.