What is a Normpack certificate?
Normpack issues certificates for materials in contact with food
A Normpack certificate ensures that a product or material fulfills the requirements set out in the Normpack Norm, and that Normpack has reviewed the assessment of the product or material.
The certificate specifies the intended use of the material or product such as food type, storage time and temperature.
A certificate is valid for two years provided that the composition of the product or material has not changed.
An application for a Normpack certificate, with complete documentation, costs 5 000 SEK. If the application is not complete and additional supporting documentation is needed and extra fee of 3000 SEK applies.
Since the Normpack system is based on self-monitoring, the company holding the certificate is responsible for:
- that the supporting document for the certificate is valid and correct
- that the tests are done on representative samples
- that no changes are made to the composition of the material/product that can affect the declaration (example of changes are the change of material or material component, change of supplier, change of color or addition of new chemical)
- to apply the Normpack norm's requirements for consultation in business contacts (Normpack Norm §3)
- maintain a system (eg documents) that clearly and uniformly describes which articles the certificate covers
Normpack ensures that the product or material meets the legal requirements specified in the Normpack Norm, based on the documentation presented by the owner of the certificate
To be able to hold a certificate you need to be a member of Normpack. Read more about the membership and to become a member by clicking Membership in the menu.
If you are already a member and want to apply for a certificate go to the membership pages.
What is a Normpack Certificate?
Normpack Certificate confirms that the product has been evaluated in accordance with the regulations specified in the Normpack norm, and meets current requirements for food contact materials.
What does a Normpack Certificate include?
The certificate is issued for the product described in the introductory box Trade Name.
The certificate indicates the limitations on the use of the material with regard to food categories, times and temperatures.
Does the Normpack certificate mean that Normpack is responsible for the product is suitable for contact with food?
The certificate states that the Normpack Secretariat has verified that the evaluation, and the data on which the evaluation is based, are in accordance with the applicable requirements.
The Normpack system is a self-inspection system, so the certificate holder is responsible for ensuring that the product corresponds to the basis on which the evaluation is based.