Testbed for development of wood based composites and board materials
Internationally unique because it gathers the whole value chain from raw materials to fully developed product concepts. It offers services within everything from processing of raw materials to fully developed materials and product concepts.
The testbed consists of:
- Mills for manufacturing chips/particles/fibers from wood.
- Equipment for gluing and modification of fiber/wood/biomass feedstock.
- Shaping and hot pressing of boards.
- Equipment for evaluation of curing development of glue/bonding.
- UV laser for sample preparation and microscope (light and SEM) characterization of the microstructure.
Materials are evaluated according to standardized methods for mechanical and long-term properties, as well as specially developed methods to evaluate and understand interactions between materials.
Isolated testbeds (IT)
Buildings and infrastructure, Materials, Pulp, paper and packaging
Bioeconomy, Wood technology
Region Stockholm, Västra Götaland Region
Visiting address Drottning Kristinas väg 61, 114 28 Stockholm