Dr. Céline Montanari is a Project Manager and Researcher, with expertise in sustainable material development.
Researcher and Project manager of R&I projects. Including customer-based projects as well as funded research projects and consortia at the national (Vinnova, Energimyndigheten, Södras Forskningsstiftelse) and EU (EU Horizon) level.
• Focus area
Dr. Montanari's research interests include bio-based and functional materials design, natural fiber-reinforced biocomposites, and sustainable materials development for batteries. She has a wide range of expertise in the modification of lignocellulosic materials and the valorization of biomass toward high-end applications, including biocomposites, smart materials, and sustainable battery materials (e.g. binders).
Celine Montanari is also an expert in the sustainable design and development of new materials with embedded transparency function, such as transparent wood for semi-structural applications and transparent (nano)fiber-based packaging. Her work on transparent wood is internationally recognized. An example of her innovative technological achievements is a fully bio-based transparent wood for heat storage applications in buildings.
Specific areas of expertise:
Polymer composites and biocomposites, natural fibers, transparent materials, interface engineering, polymer chemistry, biobased (nano)materials, biorefinery, binders and barriers, paper packaging, 3D wet molded packaging, leather-like materials, and battery.
- Transparent Wood Biocomposites for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Thermal Energy Batteries from Fully Bio-Based Transparent Wood
- A distortion-map-based method for morphology generation in multi-phase material…
- Coloration and Fire Retardancy of Transparent Wood Composites by Metal Ions
- Bio-Based Binder Development for Lithium-Ion Batteries.
- Fire-retardant and transparent wood biocomposite based on commercial thermoset
- Fully bio-based cellulose nanofiber/epoxy composites with both sustainable prod…
- Photon Walk in Transparent Wood: Scattering and Absorption in Hierarchically St…
- Rapidly Prepared Nanocellulose Hybrids as Gas Barrier, Flame Retardant, and Ene…
- Toward Li-ion Graphite Anodes with Enhanced Mechanical and Electrochemical Prop…