Jenny Veide Vilg
RISE offers a deep, theoretical and practical, knowledge in microbiology and hygiene. Together with your company or organization, we prevent and solve microbiological problems. We also participate with our microbiological expertise in a number of national and international research and innovation projects.
Microbiological issues occur in different ways in a number of industries. It can be about microbiology that creates added value, such as in fermentation or in probiotics, or that the microorganisms in different ways create problems. We have extensive experience in addressing and solving these microbiological issues related to industries such as food, hygiene, healthcare, pulp/paper, paint and other process industries.
RISE offers, among other things, the following in microbiology:
Microbiological sustainability and safety:
• Microbiological risk assessment and Prognos microbiology
• Shelf life tests / Challenge trials
• Evaluation of the efficacy of preservatives
• Evaluation and optimizing of food packaging
• Microbiological considerations in product development
• Possibilities with fermentation
Hygiene in production processes:
• Routes of contamination / Trouble shooting / Action plans
• Water as food and i process
• Prevention and characterization of biofilm
• Evaluation of cleanability of materials and equipment
Education - Recurring and customized
At our microbiological BSL2 lab, we work with:
We are regularly participating in The Swedish National Food Agency proficiency testing program for food microbiology analysis.
We are qualified to perform challenge tests and durability studies of ready-to-eat (RTE) foods related to Listeria monocytogenes acc. to EU guidelines.