For a better future and those who take us there
As the challenges facing us as a society become increasingly complex, innovation alone is not enough; you need a strong innovation partner who can provide comprehensive support and a broad range of perspectives. This is where RISE comes in.
RISE is a unique mobilisation of resources to increase the pace of innovation in our society. By gathering a number of research institutes and over a hundred test beds and demonstration environments under the umbrella of a single innovation partner, we create improved conditions for society’s problem solvers.
We gather around challenges and organise ourselves accordingly. Together, specialists in disparate fields innovate and resolve tough problems. Depending on the nature of the challenge and our assignment, we take on a variety of roles in the innovation system, and develop new ones as and when required.
We are owned by the Swedish State and work in collaboration with and on behalf of the private and public sectors and academia. Together, we develop services, products, technologies, processes and materials that contribute to a sustainable future and a competitive Swedish business community.
RISE creates solutions for problem solvers
RISE in brief
- RISE drives and supports innovation processes of all kinds.
- We have facilities throughout Sweden – and beyond.
- We employ 2,700 people, 30% of whom are PhDs.
- In 2017, our turnover was approximately SEK 2.7 billion.
- We manage over a hundred test beds and demonstration facilities that are open to businesses and higher education institutions.
- We are an owner of and partner in 60% of Sweden’s total test and demonstration environments.
- A large proportion of our customers are small and medium-sized companies who are responsible for approximately 30% of our revenue.