Swedish representative CIGRE Study Committee C4 - Power System Technical Performance, c4.cigre.org
Dr Emil Hillberg is an expert in analysis of power system dynamic phenomena having a research background in smart transmission grid solutions and mitigation of blackouts, with a MSc and PhD in Electrical Engineering from KTH and NTNU.
Emils twenty-year long career in the power systems field includes positions in Switzerland, Norway, and Sweden:
2002 he started working for ABB, where he was engaged in onsite commissioning of HVDC and filter installations around the world.
2007 he moved to SINTEF Energy Research working as a researcher in power system dynamics and as an industrial PhD.
2012 he started as a senior specialist consultant at STRI with technical lead for power system network studies and as a branch office manager.
From 2018 Dr Emil Hillberg has been with RISE, where his current job responsibilities involves:
• Project leader & Technical specialist in the Nordic research project: Nordic Early Warning Early Prevention System (NEWEPS), on PMU & WAMS solutions to increase system security
• Technical specialist in the Norwegian research project: Advanced System protection schemes Applied in the Power grid (ASAP), on coordination and utilization of system protection schemes
• Consortium leader & Technical specialist for the European research project: Active Network Management for All (ANM4L), on flexible solutions for alternative grid development
• Technical specialist in the Swiss research project: Impact of aggregated electrical assets on the power system (IMPALA), on fast frequency response
Emil is an Advisory Board member of several EU Horizon projects, including: CoordiNet, OneNet, EUniversal & FlexPlan.
- C6 - Congestion Management in Distribution Systems with Large Presence of Renew…
- Evaluation of Voltage Stability Assessment Methodologies in Transmission System…
- ANM4L Active Network Management For All : Avslutningsseminarium, 16 mars 2023
- Wide Area Monitoring Protection and Control Systems – Decision Support for Syst…
- How can flexibility support power grid resilience through the next level of fle…
- Flexibility benefits for Power System Resilience
- Impact of aggregated assets in the power system
- Flexibility for Resilience : How can flexibility support power grids resilience?
- Local voltage control in distribution networks using PI control of active and r…