Fires in vehicles have been common since the start of use of motorized vehicles. These fires can be spectacular and pose in many cases a significant threat to life and property. Today new fuels and electrical vehicles are emerging together with new lighter materials in response to our need for sustainable transport alternatives. Such alternatives introduce new fire challenges that need to be accounted for.
In response to the pressing need for international dialogue RISE has instigated the international conference: FIVE (Fires In Vehicles). The objective of this conference is to exchange knowledge concerning fires in vehicles, including road, off-road and rail vehicles. In recognition of the fact that many of the fire problems faced by these vehicles are the same, the solutions to them can also be similar.
One author per accepted full paper or poster can register at a reduced fee as ‘Speaker’ delegate. A discount applies for persons attending both ISTSS and FIVE.
Conference topics include but are not limited to:
– Regulations and standards
– Fire statistics
– Insurance issues
– Fire development in vehicles
– Fire detection in vehicles
– Fire suppression in vehicles
– Fire mitigation strategies in vehicles
– Case studies
– First responder strategies
– Fire risks in vehicles with alternative fuels or alternative drives
– New materials in vehicles
Submissions for oral presentation will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee based on an extended abstract. Please submit your abstract no later then August 20th 2022.
Submission deadline for poster is December 15th 2022.
Important dates for the paper submission process:
• Abstract submission deadline: 20th August 2022
• Acceptance for paper submission: 15th October 2022
• Full paper submission deadline: 15th December 2022
• Paper review feedback: 1st February 2023
• Final paper submission deadline: 13th March 2023
Important dates for the poster submission process:
• Abstract submission deadline: 15th December 2022
• Decision for poster acceptance: 15th January 2023
• Final abstract submission deadline: 28th February 2023
Example abstract (docx, 25.27 KB)