Pär Johannesson works as senior researcher within mechanical reliability, fatigue and load analysis. He has more than 20 years of experience within research and development in fatigue and load analysis with a focus on engineering statistics and reliability in industrial applications.
Pär did a PhD in mathematical statistics at Lund Institute of Technology, with a thesis on statistical load analysis
for fatigue. He had a PostDoc in mathematical statistics, at Chalmers University of Technology and PSA Peugeot Citroën in France, and is docent in mathematical statistics at Chalmers.
He has published more than 20 papers in international journals, and is a co-editor of the handbook "Guide to Load Analysis for Durability in Vehicle Engineering".
- Johannesson, P., and Speckert, M. (editors): Guide to Load Analysis for Durability in Vehicle Engineering. ISBN 978-1-118-64831-5. Wiley:Chichester, 2013.
- Johannesson, P. et al. (2016): Reliability Guidance for Marine Energy Converters. Report RiaSoR (Reliability in a Sea of Risk), Dec 2016.
- Pettersson, P., Johannesson, P., Jacobson, B., Bruzelius, F., Fast, L., Berglund, S. (2019): A statistical operating cycle description for prediction of road vehicles' energy consumption. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, Vol. 73, pp. 205-229.
- Johannesson, P., and Podgórski, K., and Rychlik, I. (2017): Laplace distribution models for road topography and roughness. International Journal of Vehicle Performance, Vol. 3, pp.224-258.
- Johannesson, P., Bergman, B., Svensson, T., Arvidsson, M., Lönnqvist, Å., Barone, S., and de Maré, J. (2013): A Robustness Approach to Reliability. Quality and Reliability Engineering International 29, pp.17-32.
- Svensson, T., and Johannesson, P. (2013): Reliable fatigue design, by rigid rules, by magic or by enlightened engineering. Procedia Engineering 66, pp. 12-25.
- Johannesson, P., T. Svensson, L. Samuelsson, B. Bergman, J. de Maré. (2009): Variation mode and effect analysis: an application to fatigue life prediction. Quality and Reliability Engineering International 25, pp. 167-179.
- Johannesson, P., Svensson, T., and de Maré, J. (2005): Fatigue life prediction based on variable amplitude tests - Methodology. International Journal of Fatigue 27, pp. 954-965.
- Johannesson, P., and Thomas, J-.J. (2001): Extrapolation of rainflow matrices. Extremes 4, pp. 241-262.
- Rychlik, I., Johannesson, P., and Leadbetter, M. R. (1997): Modeling and Statistical Analysis of Ocean Wave Data Using Transformed Gaussian Processes. Marine Structures 10, pp. 13-47.
List of Publications:
- Sensitivity analysis of extreme loads acting on a point-absorbing wave energy c…
- A Classification Method of Road Transport Missions and Applications Using the O…
- An enhanced stochastic operating cycle description including weather and traffi…
- Sensitivity Analysis of Extreme Loads Actingon a Point-Absorbing Wave Energy Co…
- Mechanical reliability of flexible power cables for marine energy
- A statistical operating cycle description for prediction of road vehicles’ ener…
- Reliability analysis with VMEA of a rack and pinion mechanism in a wave energy …
- A proposal for an operating cycle description format for road transport missions
- Laplace distribution models for road topography and roughness
- Detection of steering events using hidden Markov models with multivariate obser…