The Chemicals Group
The Swedish Chemicals Group spreads the latest knowledge in chemical and environmental issues to member companies in the textile and electronics industry. A membership gives you access to external monitoring and networks, practical tools, updates on relevant legislation as well as news in the area of chemicals in articles and substitution. Together we prevent the occurrence of unwanted chemicals in products such as textiles, footwear and electric and electronic equipment.
A membership in the Chemicals Group makes you better equipped to communicate relevant chemical requirements to your suppliers and to meet questions and demands from consumers and the media. We disseminate information in the chemicals field in an easily understandable way, so the information is useful in your daily work with chemicals in articles. Today the network consists of over 140 member companies divided into two subgroups:
- Textile, for companies mainly in textiles, footwear, furniture and retail
- EEE, with focus on chemicals in electronic and electrical products
Benefits for members
A membership in the Chemicals Group gives you access to:
- Regular meetings with exchange of experiences and information on current environmental and chemical issues in products and production;
- Exchange of knowledge through invited speakers from the chemical industry, NGOs, authorities and others;
- Access to the chemicals database ChemicALL, developed for the needs of member companies;
- Three major meetings a year with all members for discussions on current topics and often further knowledge exchange with invited speakers;
- Regional meetings twice a year in Stockholm, Oslo, Borås and Mölndal;
- One visit per year from the Chemicals Group on site at your company for company-specific chemical issues;
- Continuous support by phone and email;
- Chemical analyzes at a reduced price.
ChemicALL - the Chemicals Groups database
A membership in the Chemicals Group gives access to ChemicAll - the OECD's top-ranked chemical tool. Unlike many other chemical databases, as a user you do not need to be a chemist or know the exact names of substances or under which CAS numbers they are registered. The chemical substances are instead sorted according to what function they bring to the product in question and in what materials and in which processes they can be used.
The Chemicals Group
The network is run and coordinated by RISE in collaboration with experts from universities and governmental bodies.
Want to join the Chemicals Group or know more? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
40,000 SEK per calendar year, gives you membership in a subgroup: the Chemicals Group Textile or the Chemicals Group EEE.
50,000 SEK per calendar year, gives you membership in both subgroups: Chemicals Group Textile and Chemicals Group EEE.
Membership is automatically extended by one year if you do not announce exit before October 1 of the current year.