Network for electromagnetic compatibility, EMC
The network aims to raise the level of knowledge about EMC issues in industry. We also provide laboratory equipment in three locations in Sweden so that companies can verify their products in terms of EMC performance in a cost-effective way. Membership in the network gives companies the opportunity to build their own competence on these issues.
EMC stands for electromagnetic compatibility. As early as 1989, the EC realized that the increasing "electronic pollution" must be limited. The EMC Directive, 2014/30 / EU sets out the guidelines for how this should be done. The basic requirement is described in the protection standard in the EMC Directive, Article 5 and Annex 1. In simplified terms, this states that:
- The devices shall not generate electromagnetic disturbance exceeding one level so that other devices may function in accordance with their intentions
- The equipment must have sufficient immunity to electromagnetic disturbance
The purpose of the EMC network
- Create an independent forum for EMC issues in Sweden
- Spread knowledge regarding new standards and regulations in the EMC area
- Provide access to cost-effective testing laboratory for EMC analysis
- Provide continuous external monitoring
Activities in the network
- Arranges courses, seminars, member meetings and exchange of experiences
- Maintains cost-effective testing laboratories
- Provides information regarding news within the area of EMC
Number of members: More than 60 companies
Contact us for more information or to join the network.