Darius works with technical development and project management at RISE (former Acreo AB). He has been involved in electronics hardware design, innovation and implementation of sensor systems. One of his specialties is design of integrated circuits/ASICs for IR, thermal, pressure and MEMS gyro sensors. Darius has contributed with low power integrated circuits for radio transceiver and automotive radar.
Another of his specialties is embedded/integrated systems, where customer applications are realized by discrete-component analog front-end and digital signal processing. Both microcontrollers and compact single-board computers are utilized for this purpose. Some of the completed projects include systems for traffic safety, driver electronics for optical and acoustic communication.
Energy harvesting and RFID system implementation are one of his latest topics. He is experienced in electronic design tools for simulating circuits, implementing schematic and layout both at integrated circuit and printed circuit board level. The recent projects are related to LoRa sensors implemented in IoT platforms.
Darius holds a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from Linköping University and Master of Science in Physics and Electronics from Vilnius University. His dissertation proposes high-speed circuits for programmable radio front-end (software defined radio) and licentiate thesis investigates architecture level optimization. Darius early work experience includes a position of telecommunication engineer at State Radio Frequency Service in Lithuania.
- A 868 MHz compact antenna with no impact of the material support
- Integration of Screen Printed Piezoelectric Sensors for Force Impact Sensing in…
- A high speed retroreflective free space optics links with UAV
- High Speed Electro-Absorption Modulator for Long Range Retroreflective Free Spa…
- The C3PO project : A laser communication system concept for small satellites
- Integrated 79GHz UWB Automotive Radar Front-End based on Hi-Mission MCM-D Silic…