Senior Expert in Logistics and Digitalization
Are you interested in digitalization as an enabler for the logistics and transportation of the future? Do you want to work with exciting applied research projects that lead the way for the future? Then RISE has an interesting job for you!
We are now looking for a senior expert in digitalization and logistics, location in either Gothenburg (Lindholmen), Stockholm (Kista) or Lund. Our ambition is to expand our research activities in our existing industrial ecosystem, as well as broaden it with new partners, and increase cooperation with universities and institutes that focus on digitalization, logistics and future mobility.
The Mobility and Systems (MoS) department (within the division Digital Systems) offers expertise in sustainable mobility in a digital society. At MoS, we conduct applied research within sustainable transport and surrounding domains (vehicles, mobility services and beyond). In the ongoing transformation towards increased digitalization, automation, connectivity and electrification there are many unanswered questions. There is a need for exploration, understanding, and building new knowledge regarding complex organizational relationships, processes, and technical aspects related to logistics and transportation in the wake of novel digital technology.
About the position
With this position we aim to strengthen our capacity to explore digitalization in the context of logistics. You will carry out projects with other team members and in close cooperation with industrial and academic partners. Your assignments will include both publicly funded research projects as well as direct assignments with private companies or public funded agencies. You will work in a passionate team with a lot of individual freedom.
We are looking for a candidate that will create, conduct, and lead research projects in close collaboration with other researchers and project managers within our department, as well as RISE as a whole. Our research is empirical, and we conduct it together with our industrial and public partners in order to understand digitalization as an enabler for the logistics and transportation area, finding new solutions, and observe their effects. You have the capacity to both strengthen the internal RISE network of logistics experts, but also to contribute to establishing RISE as a renowned logistics innovation partner for the industry.
Initially the candidate is expected to participate and contribute to applied research focused on logistics and transportation systems, aiming to build new knowledge about how new technologies can improve and make such systems even more effective and efficient, and in parallel contribute to the creation of applications for external funding of new projects within this domain.
Who are you?
We are looking for a person with extensive background in logistics and the area of goods and industrial transports. As a person, you enjoy collaborative projects, and to participate in cutting edge applied research. You are also used to deliver results in projects in collaboration with national and international partners. Your interest in digital technology is matched with a genuine understanding that interorganizational relationships are key in building new knowledge and driving change in the area of logistics and transportation. You have experience in applying for external research funding and participating in applied research involving corporate partners.
The following non-exhaustive list shows areas of expertise and abilities which are of particular interest for the position:
- An interest in and ability to dig deeper and be a collaborative ‘doer’ in our projects with-in the domain.
- An in-depth insight in the goods transport system and logistics; e.g. the movement of goods related to different types of goods and industries (e.g. logistics in manufacturing industry, livestock industry, construction industry etc.)
- Experience from working in either the transport sector or with logistics, for example in a position with insight into strategic decisions related to logistics and digitalization
- Experience from working with logistic challenges in or with companies with extensive needs of logistics (e.g. shipper, 3-4PL, supply chain management, high-capacity transport)
- Experience from and an interest to investigate digitalization impact on logistics, e.g. Logistics 4.0 (including concepts such as, Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Physical Systems, artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, cyber security, data analytics, blockchain and cloud technology)
- A genuine interest and curiosity to research digitalization as an enabler for the logistics and transportation of the future, and documented capacity to share such findings with different audiences (e.g. industry partners, society, and academia)
- Experience from acquiring funding for either applied research projects or projects on TRL 1-5.
Are we right for each other?
At RISE, we like to think differently, and we are convinced that diversity contributes to an innovative environment where we together challenge boundaries and develop new knowledge and skills for the future. We do not promise you an easy job, but we can promise an exciting journey where we, together with committed and competent colleagues, contribute to a sustainable future, knowledge development and to securing an edge in global competition.
Welcome with your application!
If this sounds interesting and you want to know more, you are welcome to contact Anders Hjalmarsson Jordanius, unit manager within Digital Innovation, 070-7567870. The last application date is April 23.
Our union representatives are Ingemar Petermann, 010-228 41 22, and Linda Ikatti, 010-516 51 61.
We kindly ask external recruitment companies and salespeople not to contact us as we are governed by the Swedish Procurement Act.
Logistics, Transportation, Digitalization, Transport systems, Industrial transports, Logistics 4.0, Digital Innovation RISE
About the position
Stockholm, Gothenburg or Lund
Research - e.g. Researchers/Postdoctors/PhD students
Anders Hjalmarsson Jordanius
Last application date
2021-04-23Submit your application