Birgit Brunklaus is an environmental and social sustainability expert within the group RISE Miljösystemanalys. She wrote her dissertation on environmental and organization regarding housing management and services. Birgit also works on issues concerning social LCA and sustainability analysis. Another area concerns companies and their strategy work on environmental and sustainability issues.
Birgit works in collaboration with companies and public actors such as municipalities. In her work, theoretical research work usually goes hand in hand with knowledge development and a more practical work such as the development of simpler tools or strategy development.
The research project in the field of sustainable lifestyles:
8 ton Society - material footprint in municipalities (Gothenburg, Malmö and Umeå), national, researcher Finland.
SINA - cirkular economy in practice in Malmö stad
Carbon Theater - climate footprint for young people ( VML museum, Designer, theater researchers DK).
Sustainable Culture (film production, turism, opera, theatre)
The research project in the field of sustainable construction:
Environmental investment of green roofs in a life cycle perspective (RISE Built Environment and Luleå LTU).
Climate-smart and resource-efficient construction in practice (Cementa and Brf VIVA and Riksbyggen).
Sweden Green Building Council SGBC work on climate certification of buildings / housing.
The Swedish National Board of Housing, Building and Planning's expert group on life cycle issues and the Information Center for Sustainable Construction. Svensk Byggtjänst Life podd about LCA.
The research project in the field of bioeconomy / chemistry and (social) sustainability: Bio-based products of food waste (Matraff), Bio-based aviation fuel from forest waste (Forest2Jet), Bio-based products and mobile technologies with forest and agri-waste (EU Mobile Flipp ), Sustainable chemicals with circular processes (Trialkyl, IRPERO).
In addition to bioeconomy, she also works with the sharing economy, circular economy, and service economy - among other things through participation as a speaker or session leader at conferences such as bioeconomy and circularity, Lifestyles and sharing economy.
- Session and committe: Informing and stimulating green lifestyle choices
- Climate impacts of recycled and fossil-based plastic for the automotive industry
- Life cycle assessment of IoT system inSödertälje – The case of textile waste co…
- Det inkluderande, hållbara och uppkopplade samhället : Utvärdering och framtids…
- Den cirkulära bilen (förstudie)
- Safe to circulate : public report
- Social factors and behavioural change in waste packaging collection systems – l…
- Tjänstedesign, aktörsanalys och energisystem
- Social LCA for Buildings and Cities
- LCA av konsertbesök – klimatanalys av Amasons turné