DigiCORE – Digital Collaboration and Research
DigiCORE is a test and demo facility focusing on fantastic digitalization technology and its real-world applications
A lab at RISE in central Västerås where organizations and research meet. We help you to find next step in the digitalization journey, get inspiration about new technology, and find new collaborations. DigiCORE has been developed to support Swedish industry and small and medium-sized companies.
- DigiCORE is a testbed that showcase research innovation methods, project results and demos for digitalization of Swedish Industry.
- It provides a place for regional competence networking, skills development, helps in designing and verification of proof-of-concept (pilot) projects
- DigiCORE enables access to research tools, equipment and specialist knowledge to showcase research inspiration for external customers
The lab started with a VR (virtual reality) room in 2018 and it develops every year with new results of research projects. It contains hardware in the form of equipment from control rooms, large screens for visualization, VR and AR (augmented reality) glasses, powerful computers for deep learning and much more. In addition to the hardware, there is also software and licences for processing data, computation, prototyping and more. The lab is a collaboration between RISE and Automation Region.
Your organisation can use DigiCORE to access the expertise available at RISE. The lab provides help in identifying opportunities for using process data in new ways, exploring how new technologies such as VR and AR can be used to facilitate work, and discovering how AI can streamline processes and create new business opportunities for your business. Among others, our research expertise covers the following areas:
- Connected Indtech
- Operator's Control Room (EoW environment in collaboration with ABB)
- Industrial IoT Solutions (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Service-oriented Architecture (data security trust, privacy and integrity)
- IoT Data and AI Services
- Scalable IoT Simulator,
- Data streaming,
- Data/AI services,
- Machine learning and optimisation
- Extended Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual reality
- 3D Modeling (digital twin)
- Innovation culture
- Digital enterprise architecture
- Software testing and verification
The lab also serves as a bridge to Automation Region’s extensive network and the expertise held throughout all of RISE.
DigiCORE offers a three-stage research process
By combining our broad knowledge of technology, our large networks of both academic and business contacts, as well as our processes regarding research methodology and innovation management, we possess competence that can help your organisation to accelerate the pace of change to take advantage of digitalisation in your industry.
1) Digi-Inspiration – It sounds good? But how is it done in practice?
Visit us in our DigiCORE lab. A place specifically tailored to help your business on your digital journey. This 4-hour visit includes an introduction to RISE, research methods and a tour of our lab. You get inspiring lectures on research projects, demonstrations and find your next technology areas with our researchers. A good choice for you who want to learn more about research and do not know which package to choose. It can be done either exclusively for your organisation or for several organisations at the same time. The perfect opportunity to network!
2) Conceptualisation – How to create a concrete solution with technology? Continue your digitalisation journey with us!
Once you have determined your technology requirements or needs and are ready to take the next step with your digitalisation work, we offer a concept development workshop that will help you get a clearer picture of what is required to implement digitalisation, for example AI or VR in your business.
Whether you want to focus on the implementation within your organization, you need a plan. Our innovation management team and experts in XR, IoT, big data, testing or artificial intelligence are organizing a tailor-made workshop to lay a clear foundation for your digitization. Perfect basis for the management to make decisions about the strategy of the future. An excellent choice for you who see the need for a concrete action plan.
3) In-depth project – Implement with responsibility and specialist skills? Get started with an action plan in hand.
Once we have a shared picture of your needs and challenges, we can support you in implementing the technology. Our interdisciplinary teams proven methods to implement practical implementation in your particular business. With our competence, broad knowledge, innovative project experience, DigiCORE equipment and extensive contact networks, there are always the right people at work. This package is adapted over time and can be repeated in batches for larger projects. A package for you who really want to implement!
At level three, you get in-depth expert support tailored to your specific needs. This can be done by a full scale project at DigiCORE or by spending a three to fourteen co-working days in the lab with an expert of your selected field. You will also have access to our network of, for example, start-ups and other technology companies.
DigiCORE in other words:
- Inspiration, knowledge, insights
- Business and future intelligence
- Taking the next step in your digital development
- Finding a structure/plan for digitalisation
- Testing different technologies (hardware and software)
- Combining different types of technology
- Borrowing/renting equipment
- Cultivating new collaborations
- Getting support
- Finding new business/business development
- Finding networks/people/the right skills
- Exploiting any data produced
- More efficient (and more enjoyable) processes/working methods
- Testing new technology in a safe way
Would you like to know more about DigiCORE or to talk to us about how we can work on your challenges and your digitalisation journey? Book an appointment with us.
Laboratory testbeds (LT)
Education, ICT and Telecom, Process industry
Artificial intelligence, Work environment, Cyber security, Data science, Design, Digitalisation, Digital health, Energy, Innovation support, Internet of Things, Climate neutral industry, Pulp and paper, Service innovation
Strategic innovation program
Process Industrial IT and Automation