Valter works primarily within the field "comfort of textile materials and products", which includes mechanical as well as thermophysiological properties.
Specific focus areas (and related standards) are:
* Test method development (for comfort related properties)
* Product development for products where comfort is central.
* Moisture mechanics including the interaction between moisture and materials, including its influence on mould growth on textiles and other materials.
* Pressure measurements (including SS 8760013)
* Thermal properties (ISO 11092, ISO 15831, SS ISO 5085, ISO 23537))
* Moisture transport (ISO 11092)
* Comfort properties of furnitures (measurements using the Sweating Indentor" and using pressure mats)