Researcher focused on advanced material concepts. Research activities include surface modification, dispersion and self assembly of nanomaterials, magnetic nanoparticles, 2D nano-materials such as graphene, hexagonal boron nitride. Recent research topics include gas-barrier materials, carbon dioxide capture, corrosion resistance, IR-absorbant coatings, heat storage coatings.
• PhD on synthesis and photo-electrochemical properties of nanomaterials.
• Hands on experience with characterization tools: TEM, SEM, FTIR, TGA, ICP-AAS, etc.
• Hands on experience with synchrotron based advanced characterization: EXAFS/XANES and XPS/XPEEM.
• Author of over 30 research articles and book chapters (citations: >1200, h-index: 15, Sept 2020)
Some of the publicly funded projects (participating and/or leading):
This is a EU-H2020 funded project tasked with developing specialized magnetic beads to selectively capture anionic or cationic species in spent electrolytic baths, with the aim to extend the lifetime of these baths. RISE leads the surface modification task for targeted capture.
2. Graphene aerogels for reusable CO2 capture.
This is funded by the Vinnova program "Pioneering ideas for sustainable industries". The main aim of this project is to develop graphene based aerogels for reusable CO2 capture.
3. Improved friction from road-markings using solar energy
This is a project funded by Trafikverket, on harnessing solar heat to improve friction properties of road-markings in winter months.
4. Biocide-free facade paints.
This is a Vinnova funded project, where we are testing a novel concept of absorbing and storing solar heat within facade paints.
5. Spray-on, Self sanitizing coatings to control the spread of coronavirus
This is a Vinnova funded project within the program "innovation during crisis". This project aims at testing sprayable coatings that contain disinfectants, with the aim of decreasing the spread of coronavirus through touch of surfaces in public spaces such as train-stations or academic buildings.
- Highly Conductive Films by Rapid Photonic Annealing of Inkjet Printable Starch–…
- Surfactant-free starch-graphene composite films as simultaneous oxygen and wate…
- Surfactant-Free Stabilization of Aqueous Graphene Dispersions Using Starch as a…
- Graphene and Flavin Mononucleotide Interaction in Aqueous Graphene Dispersions
- Functionalized magnetic particles for water treatment
- Direct birefringence and transmission modulation via dynamic alignment of P3HT …
- Colloidal Flower-Shaped Iron Oxide Nanoparticles : Synthesis Strategies and Coa…