UL 94 V - Test for flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances
The method measures a product's flammability when exposed to a small flame.
The method is intended to be used as a preliminary indication of the fire behavior of products with regard to flammability in a particular application.
The test takes place in a test chamber where the specimen is mounted vertically. Small amounts of cotton are placed under the specimen. A gas flame is applied for 10 seconds. The afterburning time in the material is noted. As soon as the flames in the material dies out, the gas flame is applied once more for 10 seconds. The test is conducted on materials conditioned for 48 hours in standard climates and on materials conditioned 168 hours at 70 °C. Five specimen from each conditioning set are to tested. The following test results are reported:
• Afterflame time for each individual tspecimen.
• Total afterflame time for each conditioning set.
• Afterflame time plus afterglow time for each individual specimen after second flame application.
• If the material burns or glows up to the mounting of the specimen.
• If the cotton is ignited by burning drops.
After testing, a test report is delivered in English or Swedish.
Please fill in the attached order specification form and attach it to your order
Fire test according to UL 94, V0, V1 and V2
Fire safety, Construction, Risk and safety
Similar to test method UL94 5VA or 5VB, UL94 VTM-0, -1 or -2
Price on tender
Material consumption during testing