Senior Researcher in AI Engineering
The ongoing AI transformation has a deep impact on industry, science, and society. Accessing and processing data is crucial for successful implementation of AI systems, as well as for its impact on societal progress of individuals and organizations. Owning data, controlling platforms and mastering AI are key production factors for future competitiveness, thus, it is clear that they must be broadly accessible within and across organizations. However, there are only a few global players who have systematically amassed large business critical data sets, and also control the platforms, technologies and other capabilities required to acquire, store, and process data for value creation.
The successful candidate will lead research on an asset-centric ecosystem that enables organizations to access, orchestrate, and operate AI and data-related assets securely and efficiently. Assets here refer to fundamental components of AI pipelines, including data, machine learning (ML) models, specialized algorithms, source code, systems and platforms, tools for operations, and documents. In particular, the focus is on designing and developing practical technologies to facilitate sharing, discovering, and exploiting assets in a secure and efficient manner.
About the position
In this role you will:
- Be a part of a team which conducts state-of-the-art technical research
- Lead research activities and junior colleagues
- Develop methods and software tools for an asset-centric data ecosystem, which empower both technical experts and practitioners in other fields to carry out data-driven research and innovation securely and efficiently
- Collaborate with, and educate, RISE colleagues and external partners on building asset-centric data ecosystems for application areas such as the energy system
- Communicate your results to technical and non-technical audiences through papers, presentations, videos, popular articles, etc, as appropriate.
- Plan and secure funding for projects through funding agencies and industry assignments
This is a full- or part-time position located in Kista. In the case of a part-time position, we expect the candidate to hold a strongly synergistic position at a university. The start date is as agreed between the candidate and RISE.
Who are you?
The minimum qualifications for the position are:
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science
- You are an active researcher in the intersection of scalable platforms, data-driven innovation and AI
- A full professional English proficiency
Preferred qualifications for the position are:
- A Ph.D. in Computer Systems, ideally on scalable systems or platforms
- Experience in state-of-the-art scalable data platforms
- Experience in modern deep learning
- Experience in applied AI
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Experience in applying for research funding
- Experience in leading junior colleagues
- Experience in giving advanced-level courses
- Be curious, goal-oriented, flexible, ambitious and communicative.
Welcome with your application!
Applications should include a CV, one-page cover letter, transcripts of records, and any letters of recommendation. The final date to submit your application is August 15th, 2020.
For more information contact: Sverker Janson, +46 10 228 43 37.
Our union representatives are Linda Ikatti, Unionen, 010-516 51 61 and Ingemar Petermann, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 010-228 41 22.
Calls from external recruitment companies and sales persons are kindly declined as we rule under the Public Procurement Act.
Forskning - tex forskare/postdoktorer/doktorander
+46 10 228 43 37
2020-08-15Skicka in din ansökan