FINEST - Our research
FINEST research is based on food technology issues where there are identified knowledge gaps of importance for the industry's innovation capacity.
Innovation that makes a difference for the food chain
FINEST does not only focus on enabling innovations in the food system. We also focus on understanding how the system works and how the system's actors can work together to reach the consumer faster and more efficiently with climate-smart, good and healthy food products.
After four years, FINEST have contributed to:
- Knowledge: The understanding of change and innovation processes in the food chain has increased
- Tools: Simple operational tools for evaluating sustainability aspects have been developed
- Swedish forest berries: The Norrland berry industry has developed and that Swedish berries are used in healthy and good foods.
- Swedish legumes: The production of Swedish legumes that can supplement traditional animal products has increased and that dairy substitutes and meat substitutes with proteins from Swedish legumes have been developed.
- Experimental food production: Completely new ways of producing food that reduce dependence on arable land have been developed.