Senior Researcher - Cybersecurity
Are you a cybersecurity expert ready to solve the most tempting cybersecurity problems for Swedish industry, with a huge potential for personal growth? Come join RISE Cybersecurity Unit in Kista, Stockholm!
RISE Cybersecurity is among the largest cybersecurity labs/group in Sweden and currently consists of 20+ cybersecurity experts. Our core areas of expertise are: IoT Security, Cloud Security, Communication Security, Access Control, and Secure Virtualization, Trusted Computing, and AI Security. Among others, RISE Cybersecurity is the European leader in IoT security research, development, and standardization. The core distinctive features of the RISE Cybersecurity Unit are,
- Largest cybersecurity research group in Sweden
- Coordinator of the Swedish Cybersecurity Research and Innovation Node.
- Participant and management board member of H2020 CONCORDIA, an EU cybersecurity network of excellence
- Member of the EU/ENISA Stakeholders Cybersecurity Certification Group (SCCG)
- Member of European Cybersecurity Organization (ECSO), the cybersecurity public-private partnership (PPPP) in EU
- Owner of RISE Cyber Range, a unique test and demo arena for Swedish industry & public sector
- A Government-owned research institute that offers best of university and best of industry
RISE Cybersecurity is now looking for 2 senior researchers with PhD in digital aspect of security and a strong research profile in the area.
Placement: Kista Stockholm
In additional to a strong research environment, RISE Cybersecurity is the owner of the RISE Cyber Range, a cybersecurity test and demo facility in Kista, with a critical infrastructure grade security, that offers a trusted place for Swedish industry to learn and solve their cybersecurity needs. RISE Cyber Range, in addition to providing practical cybersecurity education, training and exercise, is an environment for state-of-the-art cybersecurity research and development.
Who are you?
In order for you to succeed and thrive in this position we believe you possess a PhD in Computer Science with focus on digital security. We also believe you possess the following:
- Outstanding research profile in technical aspects of digital security | information security | cybersecurity | trust | privacy | AI Security
- Good track record of participating is public funded projects
- Excellent skills in one of your favourite programming languages
- Excellent communication skills are a must (both verbal and scientific writing).
What can we offer you?
We can’t promise you an easy job, but we can promise you a place to grow both professionally and personally together with a group of dedicated colleagues. We offer you to work in one of the most successful teams and environments, which is unique in Sweden and have multiple security area experts in a single group.
Please upload the following documents:
- Personal statement describing yourself, your professional interests, reasons for applying for this particular position, past experience and earliest possible start date (max. 2 pages)
- Copies of relevant university degrees and transcripts
- Your three (3) most important scientific publications (attach as PDF)
- Reference letters if any (max two) or provide contact information of up to 2 reference persons
- Any other document(s) that can strengthen your application
If this sounds exciting and you want to know more, please contact Shahid Raza, Director of RISE Cyber security, +46768831797.
Final application date is October 25, 2020. Interviews will take place continuously during the application period.
Our union representatives: Ingemar Petermann, 010-228 41 22, and Linda Ikatti, 010-516 51 61. Calls from external recruitment companies and/or sales persons are kindly declined.
Ethical Hacker, Security, Cybersecurity, Information Security, pen tester, 0ffensive security leader, Cyber range
About the position
Research - e.g. Researchers/Postdoctors/PhD students
Last application date
2020-10-25Submit your application