Research and business developer
- Do you have experience of research and business development?
- Are you quick at getting into new areas of technology and research, and understanding how they can interact with business operations to create even greater customer benefit?
- Are you, like us, energised by utilising the practically infinite possibilities of future technologies?
- Do you want to help the world move forwards faster in the transition towards a sustainable society?
About the role
You will plan, manage and coordinate the development of research and business operations within the department in accordance with RISE strategies. The department conducts applied research within a number of fields and offers value creating solutions – from idea to pre-studies to innovation – for sustainable growth and renewal of industry and society. The department’s strength and expertise is, for example, within AI, machine learning, IoT, VR/AR as well as data management and visualization, for example through digital twins. Furthermore, there is a strong competency for technologies within the network field, such as optical transmission, blockchain and communication and also within image- and video quality. The department focuses on the applied digitalization of industry and society to drive and show the opportunities that the technological development provides, for example through innovation management.
The weighting of the role in terms of commercial assignments or publicly funded research (non-commercial funding) may vary, depending on the needs of the department or division although there will be a large focus on development the commercial side in the near term. Both components merge in what we call RISE business – hence business development. You will create/initiate projects and assignments in conjunction with the units and other parts of RISE divisions, and/or in conjunction with group-wide functions, and/or through cooperation with AoI managers, as well as external parties, in accordance with the purpose and set goals – both nationally and internationally. It is important that there be a big emphasis on collaboration across unit boundaries within RISE, with the aim of efficiently driving interdisciplinary development.
You will furthermore manage the work on research acquisition and/or sales work within the department, including planning, follow-up and implementation, in accordance with requirements.
- You will promote dialogue with stakeholders and will foster external collaboration within the field.
- You will prepare and deliver information and reconciliation/decision-making items that are of importance to the area within departmental management, or for divisional management
- Establish and develop contacts with customers and research-funding bodies
- You will represent department-related research and assignment issues externally and internally
- You will contribute to the department's business intelligence and competitor analyses
- You will develop new business models, roles and strategic innovation infrastructure within the department
- You will coordinate your work in line with other development instruments, e.g. group-wide initiatives for the use of strategic-skills funding
- You will assist the vice president as required regarding strategic planning of use of strategic-skills funding at departmental level.
The placement for this position is Stockholm, Västerås, Hudiksvall or Sundsvall.
Who are you?
We are seeking someone who is passionately interested in technology and business development. You are an energetic person who isn’t afraid of discussions and meetings with customers and colleagues. We would also like you to hold an MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific field and/or to have equivalent work experience and would like you to have an easy command of spoken and written Swedish and English.
Within RISE we like variety, and we’re convinced that diversity contributes to an innovative environment in which we can together challenge boundaries and develop new knowledge and skills for the future. We cannot promise you an easy job, but what we can promise is an exciting journey on which, together with committed and talented colleagues, we will contribute to a sustainable future and to getting ahead of the global competition. Do you want to join us?
Welcome with your application!
The deadline for applications is August 9th 2020. Selection takes place continuously during the application period. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Alexander Sundin, Vice President Industrial systems, +46 10 228 42 79.
Our union representatives are Linda Ikatti, Unionen, 010-516 51 61 and Ingemar Petermann, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 010-228 41 22.
Calls from external recruitment companies and sales persons are kindly declined as we rule under the Public Procurement Act.
Research and business developement, business developer, applied research, RISE
About the position
Stockholm, Västerås, Hudiksvall eller Sundsvall
Business Development - e.g. Strategists/Analysts
+46 10 228 42 79
Last application date
2020-08-09Submit your application