The smart digital factory
edig, an abbreviation of e-learning, digitalisation, industry and global collaboration, is a knowledge platform that aims to boost expertise in digitalisation among those working in Swedish industry.
Project goal: to strengthen digitisation expertise in Swedish industry
edig comprises a flexible, web-based knowledge platform designed to strengthen digitisation expertise and provide training opportunities within Swedish industry. The information hosted on edig can be used on various organisations’ own learning platforms and contains content relevant to digitisation as it affects the development, operation and change management of production.
Target groups include machine operators, maintenance technicians and production technicians in Swedish companies, as well as training providers.
The project addresses and through a digital knowledge platform seeks to manage issues such as:
- understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by digitalisation;
- developing a shared vision and consensus on digitisation;
- developing flexible forms for learning, training and retraining;
- overcoming mental barriers to introducing digital tools:
- identifying new skills requirements;
- creating interest in technology in the education system; and
- ensuring future skills provision for Swedish industry.
Västra Götaland Region
RISE role in project
Until the end of 2021
GTC (Göteborgs Tekniska College), Chalmers, ABB AB, CGM - a member of the ABB Group, Chalmers University of Technology, Good Solutions Sweden AB, Göteborgs Tekniska College, Prevas AB, SKF Sverige AB, Swedish Match AB, RISE IVF (project leader), Volvo Lastvagnar AB, Volvo Personvagnar AB, XMReality AB