Ambra Trotto is the Design and Research Director of d.centre|EU, a community of practice and learning that works with design as a process to integrate different logics in society, using aesthetics and creative powers as wedges for a regenerative transformation.
The purpose of d.centre|EU is to serve the European knowledge and innovation community of the EIT Culture and Creativity.
She is also senior advisor for the Digital Ethics initiative, setting the foundations of how RISE takes ethics into account, when designing transformation with technology as a material and she coordinates the expertise area related to Design for Systemic Transformation at RISE.
She has initiated the expansion project of RISE in the North of Sweden, through The Pink Initiative, with the long-term goal of promoting socially and environmentally sustainable development in the region, through design research.
Ambra Trotto’s fascinations lie in how to empower ethics, through design, using digital and non-digital technologies as materials. Strongly believing in the power of Design and Making, Ambra works with makers, builders, craftsmen, dancers, architects and designers to shape societal transformation. Within her design research activity, she produces co-design methods to boost transdisciplinary and multi-actor design conversations.
Ambra is associate professor and docent in interaction design at the Umeå Institute of Design, Umeå University.
She is guest researcher at the Department of Industrial Design at the Eindhoven University of Technology (NL), in particular, she collaborates with research group of Systemic Change.
- The local climate contract : How to foster co-response-ability for sustainable …
- Collective-political creativity around the world : A relay interview
- Grembo Latteo - Milky Womb
- Making Access : Increasing Inclusiveness in Making
- Resisting Plastics for Ambiguous Results
- Exploring craft in the context of digital fabrication
- Design Research and Innovation Framework for Transformative Practices
- Understanding Transformations through Design
- Charged Utopia VR: Exploring Embodied Sense-Making in the Virtual Space
- Designing Expressions of Movement Qualities